Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium red papaya – peeled, deseeded, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 gms haloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 small butter lettuce, washed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cracked pepper to season
Blend 1/2 cup papaya with all dressing ingredients to form a smooth dressing.
Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over a medium heat, cook haloumi for 2 minutes on either side, or until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
Arrange lettuce on four plates, top with haloumi, cucumber, bean sprouts, mint, and remaining papaya chunks. Sprinkle with almonds, drizzle with dressing before serving. Season with cracked black pepper.