Golf NSW, in conjunction with Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG), has appointed eight Regional Managers to deliver participation programs and club support services throughout NSW and the Australian Capital Territory.
Stuart Fraser, CEO of Golf NSW, said the appointments are a first for the two closely-aligned organisations, and a significant commitment to not only golf but sport in general across the State.
“This is an exciting development for golf and sport in general across regional New South Wales,” Mr Fraser said.
“The appointments will not only assist Golf NSW and JNJG grow the game across the State, but also ensure all of our affiliated clubs & districts can access the raft of benefits our organisations do provide.
“With participation levels on the increase and the sport being an ideal iso-friendly pastime, it’s the perfect time to convert this uptick in numbers into memberships and long-term golfers,” Mr Fraser added.
Peter Van Wegen, Chief Executive of JNJG, said the appointments would streamline the delivery of many of the organisations programs, and assist in opening pathways for many of the State’s talented juniors.
“Having staff on the ground equipped with the combined resources of Golf NSW and JNJG will provide juniors across the state with the best opportunities available,” Mr Van Wegen said.
The managers will be responsible for the delivery of development initiatives and support programs including:
- Juniors on the Move and the national MyGolf program.
- School liaison & teacher training.
- Membership initiatives and in-house programs for clubs.
- Talent Identification and performance pathways between regional academies of sport, clubs, and the Golf NSW High-Performance Program.
- Development of adult beginner programs including Get Into Golf for Seniors, and Get into Golf for Women.
- Promotion of tournaments including Golf NSW Amateur and Open Championships, the Keno Ambrose, and the JNJG tournament calendar.
- Delivery of club support services including Operations, Marketing, Strategic Planning & Agronomy expertise.
- District Golf Association support, including regional championships and inter-club event management.
Luke Woods – Northern NSW:
A PGA Professional with a Bachelor of Business in Sports Management, Luke has held a variety of roles within the golf industry, notably with the Golf Channel both here and abroad.
Luke, 30, describes himself as a student of the game and enjoys the sport’s long and storied history.
Luke added his experience as a new father, and some recent time employed as a disability support worker has left him humbled by the challenges many others face.
“I am looking forward to broadening my knowledge of the sport and sharing my expertise with others. It will be great to be part of a thriving team and seeing this ever-challenging game grow,” Luke Woods, Golf NSW Regional Manager, Northern NSW.