Award-winning aged care provider, Whiddon, will open the doors to their newly built wing and refurbished aged care home at Whiddon Kyogle. The project is part of a $10 million project to provide additional residential aged care places for the region and enhance the existing facilities within their aged care community in Kyogle.
The project, which received $5 million in funding from the Australian Government’s Regional Jobs Investment Package, has now been completed. The new home offers an additional 23 single rooms with views, allied health spaces, activities spaces, refurbished kitchen with servery, open plan living spaces and beautifully landscaped gardens.
Whiddon CEO, Chris Mamarelis said the project reinforces Whiddon’s commitment to provide quality aged care services to senior Australians living in rural and remote locations
“We are pleased to expand our beautiful aged care home in Kyogle to offer an additional 24 residential aged care beds for the region and new facilities that are aligned to our relationship-based care model. These additional places will help ensure that senior community members can stay living in the community they know and love, which is something we are incredibly passionate about.
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to the Whiddon Kyogle team, residents, families, and the wider community who have supported us to deliver this wonderful project to the local community. I would also like to thank the Member for Page, Mr Kevin Hogan MP, who has supported Whiddon to achieve a number of important aged care growth projects in the region.”
“This project has helped to provide more jobs for the region, including new positions in nursing care, hospitality and hotel services, along with 94 construction jobs during the building phase and an annual $1 million contribution to the region,” Mr Mamarelis said.
Whiddon’s Regional Manager – Northern, Ines Reynolds, said the new building has been designed with the resident front of mind, to support Whiddon’s relationship-based care model and promote independence, choice, and quality of life for residents. “We are excited, and very proud, of what has been achieved over the last two years to bring this project to life, and look forward to hosting a very special Grand Opening later on in the year once COVID-19 restrictions allow us to do so. We are excited to welcome the community to tour our home and find out more about our care and facilities,” Ms Reynolds said.
Director of Care Services, Kathy Gibson who has been part of the entire journey at Whiddon Kyogle. “This is an amazing additional to our current facility and to our local community. We are now able to provide care for our senior members of the community right here in their hometown around the people they know and love. I would like to thank Whiddon for this beautiful redevelopment and for their support and commitment to our local community.”
Community members who are currently considering aged care options can book a tour of Whiddon Kyogle by phoning 1300 738 388.
Whiddon Kyogle project highlights include:
* Construction of a new wing at Whiddon Kyogle with 24 new aged care beds that were allocated in the 2016 Aged Care Approvals Round
* A range of accommodation options, including single and double rooms with ensuites and dementia specific units and views
* Secure courtyards to promote outdoor living and ready access to gardens
* A new servery to service two dining rooms
* New laundry to service a larger aged care home with additional residents
* Allied Health room
* Open plan living spaces
* Whiddon is an award-winning aged care provider with residential care, community care and retirement villages across New South Wales and Queensland.
* From our philanthropic beginnings, we have grown into a large not-for-profit organisation with more than 2,300 customers and over 2,000 employees.
* We have been providing exceptional care to older Australians across regional, rural and remote NSW and QLD for more than 70 years. Our strong presence in regional, rural and remote NSW and QLD sets us at the heart of our local communities, both as an employer and aged care provider.
* Whiddon is passionate about enriching lives and keeping older people connected to what matters most to them in life. We aim to really understand each person through building deep relationships with them, their family and their community.
* Our approach to care and wellbeing is holistic. Staying connected, active and feeling part of a community are essential to wellbeing.
* To find out more about Whiddon, please visit whiddon.com.au