Event three of the 2020 Woolworths Surfer Groms Comp Series pres. by Pic’s Peanut Butter will call Coffs Harbour home this weekend.
The elite event will see male and female surfers competing in four different age divisions, starting at Under-8’s right through to the Under-14’s.
Close to 70 competitors are expected in the event.
With the current NSW Health recommendations in relation to community sport, Surfing NSW has implemented regional boundaries for Woolworths Surfer Grom Comps for each respective event location. The Coffs Harbour region spans from Forster in the south to Tweed Heads in the north.
Surfing NSW requires all competitors to complete a survey on your health status and where they have been 14-days prior to competition.
Regarded as one of the major steppingstones in the development of young Australian surfers, the 10-event Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps series caters for surfers from Under 8 to Under 14 and will be held in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Western Australia, Tasmania and South Australia over summer.
As an added bonus, the respective winners of the Under 14 boys’ and girls’ divisions from each event will receive an invite to attend an all-expenses-paid, three-day Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps National Final Surf Camp, (1-day coaching clinic, 2 days of competition and heat analysis coaching) at the Surfing Australia High-Performance Centre (HPC). For the South Australian, Victorian and Tasmanian events, the Woolworths Surf Camp prize will be awarded to the highest place Under-14 Boy and Girl who reside in that respective State.
Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps pres. by Pic’s Peanut Butter 2020 Series Schedule:
- EVENT 1 – Kiama, NSW – Sept 5 – 6, 2020
- EVENT 2 – Northern Beaches, NSW – Sept 12 – 13, 2020
- EVENT 3 – Coffs Harbour, NSW – Sept 26 – 27, 2020
- EVENT 4 – Cronulla, NSW – Oct 17 – 18, 2020
- EVENT 5 – Torquay, VIC – Oct 24 – 25, 2020
- EVENT 6 – Clifton Beach, TAS – Oct 31, 2020
- EVENT 7 – Trigg, WA – Nov 7 – 8, 2020
- EVENT 8 – Fleurieu Peninsula, SA – Nov 14, 2020
- EVENT 9 – Gold Coast, QLD – Nov 21 – 22, 2020
- EVENT 10 – Sunshine Coast, QLD – Dec 12 – 13, 2020
- National Final – Surfing Australia HPC, Casuarina QLD – Dec 18 – 20, 2020 – Entry by qualification.
The Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps is proudly supported by Woolworths, Pic’s Peanut Butter and 2XP.
NOTE: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation and Surfing Australia’s commitment to comply with all State and Federal regulations, series dates are subject to change at any time.