“My healthy and delicious Layered Coconut Chia Pudding is easy to whip up and can be enjoyed for breakfast, snacks or dessert this Spring. Made with Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk which is fortified with calcium and has no added sugar, it’s the healthy way to add some goodness to your day,” Rebecca Gawthorne.
- Load up on plant foods – increasing your plant foods and beverage intake is your ultimate way to good health. Think colourful vegetables and fruits, unrefined wholegrains, legumes, plant milks, nuts and seeds. Fill your day with a variety of plant foods and be sure to choose a nutritious plant milk alternative that is fortified with calcium like Califia Farms Almond Milk.
- Stay hydrated – We need water to not only survive but thrive! Over 60% of our body is water and we need it to manufacture hormones, help our body digest food, flush toxins and for our cells to grow, reproduce and survive! So ditch the sugary soft drinks and drink plenty of water and other healthy beverages this spring!
- Get moving in the sun – take advantage of the warmer season and get yourself active outdoors. Walk, run, swim and get those endorphins flowing!
Makes 1 pudding
½ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk + extra few tsps for blending fruit
3 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp maple syrup
½ cup berries of choice
½ cup chopped papaya
Seasonal fresh fruit, chopped, to serve
- Place chia seeds and coconut into a jar. Pour in ½ cup Califia’s almond milk and maple syrup. Mix to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then mix again. Place in the fridge for a minimum 2hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat your chia pudding, blend your berries with a splash of Califia’s almond milk and then blend your papaya with another splash of the almond milk also.
- Layer the fruit and chia mix into a serving glass. Top with seasonal chopped fruit of choice and enjoy!