Use lambs sausages for an easy and delicious twist on the classic Vietnamese roll that you can serve for any event
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
8 lamb sausages
1 jar store-bought mayonnaise
1 cucumber, sliced lengthways into long batons
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
4 spring onions, green part only
Coriander sprigs, to serve
4 long wholemeal bread rolls, split along the top
Sliced red chilli, to serve
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely shredded
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cook lamb sausages on a BBQ, grill pan or large non-stick fry pan over medium heat until cooked through.
2. To pickle carrot, place in a bowl with vinegar and salt and toss to combine, leave to pickle for 10 minutes, then drain.
3. Place a little mayonnaise, salad, spring onion and coriander sprigs in each roll, top with two lamb sausages and garnish with chilli slices.
• Don’t pierce the sausage, this lets all the moisture and flavour out
• Turn the sausages regularly to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t burn and remember they must always be cooked right through to the centre