These bite-sized beauties are perfect for backyard barbecues and fun in the sun
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
500 g lamb mince
1 onion, grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
8 small buns
1 head of baby Cos lettuce
1 large avocado, diced
1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp harissa sauce
1. Combine the lamb mince, onion, garlic, cumin, parsley and egg. Mix together and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape into 8 small rissoles.
Place onto a tray and chill in the fridge.
2. To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season. Mix together the mayonnaise and harrissa sauce and set aside.
3. Heat the barbecue or grill plate over a medium high heat. Cook the rissoles for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Lightly grill the buns, place a Cos leaf on the base, top with the cooked rissoles and finish with a spoonful of red pepper mayo and spoonful of salsa. Serve.
• Burgers and sliders should always be thoroughly cooked, not served rare or pink. A good guide is to insert a skewer into the thickest part; if it is ready to eat the juices
will be clear.
• Try using lamb rump steaks or leg steaks instead of mince.