General News

Financial support available

Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan is encouraging people to apply for financial support available for individuals who have lost work because they have had to isolate.

“Anyone who has lost work because they have had to isolate can access the Federal Government’s Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment.” Mr Hogan said.

“That’s $750 for every seven days a person is in isolation or quarantine. You can also claim the payment if you need to care for a person with Covid.”

To claim the payment you will need to be able to prove a positive Covid test result. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests are currently accepted and from Monday the January 10 a positive Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) will also be accepted.

To claim you must be at least 17 years old and an Australian resident or hold a visa to work in the country.

You must also be unable to work and have no sick leave, including pandemic sick leave, personal leave or carer’s leave.

If you need the payment for longer than seven days you will have to submit a new claim each week.

Couples can complete claims together and don’t need to fill out separate forms.

To apply for these payments, visit the Service Australia website or call 180 22 66.

For more information and to apply, click this link: