SPAR Maclean has taken out the Business of the Year, at the 2017 Daily Examiner Business Excellence Awards presentation dinner, which was held at the Yamba Bowling Club.
Owner of SPAR Maclean Bob Little said he was really shocked and blown away by the win.
“It’s a crowning achievement for the staff in the store; it’s very much their award,” Mr Little said.
“We regularly enter the awards and it’s a very valuable experience because it makes you analyse the services you provides in your business,” he said.
Another happy winner is Grafton Toyota who took out the ‘Workplace Health and Safety’ award.
Grafton Toyota’s WHS Officer Mark Shannon said that he was genuinely proud of their commitment to occupational health and safety and ensuring safety protocols are followed.
“The systems and controls in place are market leading which is a credit to the business for always striving for excellence,” Mr Shannon said.
“I’d like to thank our team for their dedication to WHS policy that send them home safely each day.”
Congratulations to all the businesses who took out awards in the 2017 Clarence Valley Business Awards.
• Clarence Valley Business of the Year Award – SPAR Maclean
• Trade, Industry and Manufacturing Award – Benny’s Grafton Smash Repairs
• Hair and Beauty Award – Addictive Hair & Beauty
• Tourism, Accommodation, Events & Entertainment Award – Bowlo Sports & Leisure Yamba
• Health, Fitness and Wellbeing Award – Fresh Dental Care
• Professional Services Award (Up to 5 employees) – Family Dental Yamba
• Professional Services Award (6 employees and over) – Ochre Health Medical Centre
• Retail Award (up to 5 employees) – Grafton Friendlies Discount Pharmacy
• Retail Award (6 employees and over) – SPAR Maclean
• Food & Beverage Award – Village Green Hotel
• Technology & Innovation Award – Family Dental Grafton
• Community & Not for Profit Award – CHESS Employment
• New Business Award (1st Year) – Family Dental Grafton
• New Business Award (2nd Year) – Flowers By Bonnie
• Trainee or Apprentice of the Year Award – Chloe Clark
• Workplace Health & Safety Award – Grafton Toyota
• Better Access Award – CHESS Employment
• Hall of Fame Award – Benny’s Grafton Smash Repairs
• People’s Choice Award (Favourite Business) – Flowers By Bonnie
• People’s Choice Award (Favourite Employee) – Dwarne McPhee