Whilst Schaeffer House remains closed to visitors at present, our volunteers have been kept very busy with a number of tasks, including working on displays, attending to the gardens, conducting research, preservation work, referencing library works and preparing items to be stored at our new repository located at Koolkhan. Requests for research both online or by phone are welcomed.
Book sales continue and the latest books to be published and available are “Recollections of the Old Glenn Innes Road” by Sheila McLennan and “Boxer Kroenert – Master of his Craft” co-written by his youngest daughter Lynne Till.
We hope to open soon. Meanwhile you are welcome to come and see the gardens which are looking colourful for spring.
Recently donated Items
- Paintings of the new bridge from local schools
- Two ships lamps from the “Alexandria”
- Toledo Torch used by Grafton Waterboard 1928
- Wooden template for making violins
- Historical records from “The Daily Examiner”
- One child’s and one adults hat block
- 1970’s Brownie Uniform and yellow T-Shirt
- Child’s potty, rattle, French knitting doll, girl guide belt
- 1914 – 1918 Red Cross War Service Medal
- WWII ID wallet
- WWII Civilian Identity Card
- Two Box Brownie cameras
- Old hot point iron (in box) never used
- Small Wedgwood urn
- ANZAC Spirit 2018 coin collection
- Beautiful black doll with moving head, arms and legs
- Fireman home alarm, alert if needed to respond to a fire
- Small tobacco tin
- 1888 silver teapot
- Walking celluloid doll
- Walking stick made from the propeller of a WW1 aeroplane
- Artifact from the bridge opening
- Rotary gong
- Two gowns, sash and commemorative statue for Jacaranda Princess 1993 (Elizabeth Power)
- Mother of Pearl baby brooch
- Christening robe, bonnet and shoes, christening gown and bonnet
- Fox fur stole, hand knitted stole and silver white stole
- Child hand knitted dress.
Items on loan from the Museum
A collection of Blue Jasperware Wedgewood – now on display at the Clarence Regional Library in Grafton.