On March 30 there were 2,278 tests conducted in Northern NSW Local Health District hospital COVID-19 testing clinics, pop up clinics and drive through clinics.
This is in addition to the more than 800 tests conducted on Monday 29 March. With GP and respiratory clinics also providing testing across the region, the total figure would be even greater.
These figures represent a significant increase in the number of people coming forward for testing in comparison to recent weeks, when testing numbers were averaging fewer than 400 per day.
Thank you to everyone who has come forward for testing so far, helping to protect themselves and their communities.
I thank everyone for their patience over recent days during the periods of high demand. NSW Health is continuing to increase testing capacity across the region.
There are 18 COVID-19 testing clinics in Northern NSW, including:
- Byron Bay QML Pathology Drive-Through, Cavanbah Sports Ground, 249 Ewingsdale Rd, Byron Bay.
Open from 8am to 8pm Monday – Sunday. No referral required.
- Byron Bay Walk-in Pop-Up Clinic; Byron Bay surf club, Bay St, Byron Bay.
Open from 9am – 5pm. No appointment required.
- Lennox Head QML Pathology Drive-through clinic, Lennox Community Centre, Cnr Park Lane and Mackney Lane.
Open from 8am Monday – Sunday. No GP referral required.
- Tweed Heads QML Pathology Drive-through clinic, Cnr Wharf and Florence Street, Tweed Heads.
Open 8am – 8pm Monday -Sunday. No GP referral required.
- Lismore QML Pathology Drive – through clinic, 354 Keen Street, Lismore.
Open from 8am – 7pm, Monday – Sunday. No GP referral required.
An additional drive through clinic was established in Ballina last week: