The perfect option for a quick tasty BBQ with friends or family
Makes approx. 16 skewers
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
500g lamb mince
1 cup flat leaf parsley
1/2 red capsicum
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baharat
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. In a food processor, add onion, parsley & capsicum. Process until you have a fine
2. Place this mix in sieve over a bowl & use a spatula to remove most of it’s liquid.
3. In a bowl, add the mince, the onion mixture, salt, pepper & baharat and combine
4. Take a portion of the kafta mix and mould it around a skewer, using your hands to
shape. Leave a few centimetres at bottom of skewer and don’t wrap the kafta too
5. Cook skewers on a hot grill or barbecue for about 3 minutes on each side until
browned all over.
• These kafta can be served with a range of sides, from warm pita to a simple salad
of mixed lettuce, red onion, capsicum, beetroot and goats cheese. Or whatever
you feel like at the time!