After a rollercoaster 2020 I would like to thank you for the generous time and support you have given to help the Lismore Westpac Rescue Helicopter save lives across our Northern NSW region this year. While our Rescue teams have continued to operate 24/7 this year, our fundraising endeavors were severely impacted by COVID-19. Despite having to cancel many of our planned fundraising events and activities, I am pleased to say that we have started to rebound out the other side thanks to:
– our incredible Volunteers who helped us to re-open our 7 Helicopter Op Shops after an extended shutdown period and our Volunteer Support Groups who fundraised as best they could throughout the year.
– the players and sponsors of our 4 recent charity golf days from Tweed to Coffs Harbour.
– the nearly 100 participants who took part in our first ever virtual event ‘Rise for Rescue’
– the continued support of businesses whose Staff donate each week through their workplace giving programs
– grant support from many of our local Service Clubs, Local and State Governments and other Foundations/Trusts
– the in kind and cash sponsorships from local businesses which make such a vital difference along with the support of individuals and families, as well as community groups, who have donated to our various appeals
We simply can’t thank you and our community enough for ensuring that the Service could continue to be there for those in need in this year.
We are looking forward to being able to host a range of events across the region in 2021 along with gatherings once again at our helibase.
As we head into the Christmas break, from all of us here at the Service we wish you and your family a safe and wonderful festive season.
All the very best…kind regards.
Zeke Huish | Regional Marketing Manager