Work on the South Grafton pool, hydrotherapy pool and gymnasium complex is complete and the pool opened to the public again last Sunday.
The Armidale Road complex closed in March for major renovations and maintenance but re-opened on schedule.
Clarence Valley Mayor, Richie Williamson, said work included a major upgrade of the hydrotherapy toilet and change room amenities.
“We’ve now got a changing-places bathroom and a disabled bathroom,” he said.
“There’s also a larger storage area for the people who use the hydrotherapy pool, we’ve repositioned lights to make them more accessible for serviceability to reduce costs long term and carried out minor cosmetic works to the pool ceiling.
“We’ve also got a range of new equipment on order. It should be installed in a few weeks.”
• construction of a changing places bathroom and another disabled bathroom in the hydrotherapy pool area;
• replacing the roof structure above the 25m pool;
• installation of louvres in the main pool hall for natural ventilation;
• painting internally and externally around facility;
• repairing erosion in the hydrotherapy pool gutters;
• painting the hydrotherapy pool basin;
• installation of insulation in the main pool hall; and
• general electrical and plumbing maintenance on the plant and equipment.