BUDDHA BOWL WITH ALMOND AVOCADO DRESSING
Base Tangy Almond Horseradish Dressing
1 red onion, chopped 1 avocado
20 grams ginger, grated 1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
200 grams gluten free noodles, cooked 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp lime juice
Miso Eggplant / Tofu 2 tsp horseradish mustard
2 tsp miso paste Nigella seeds (add to taste)
2 tbsp tamari Salt and pepper (add to taste)
20g grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 eggplant, sliced
200 grams organic tofu (cubed)
1 carrot, spiralled or grated
1/4 red cabbage, shredded
1 zucchini, spiralised or ribboned
1 bunch asparagus, steamed
1. Firstly, prepare the ‘base’ of your buddha bowl. Braise onion for five minutes. Add grated ginger, continue on low heat for a further minute or two.
2. Toss noodles in onion, ginger mix and set aside.
3. To prepare miso marinade, combine miso paste, tamari, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl, mix well. Coat tofu and eggplant in this mix and set aside.
4. Using a double-sided griddle, grill eggplant for 15 minutes (or until soft). Alternatively, you can bake eggplant however this will take longer (up to 30 minutes depending on how thickly the eggplant is sliced).
5. Pan fry marinated tofu in heavy based pan, approximately 5 minutes each side. Set aside to cool.
6. To prepare the dressing, mix ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend until smooth.
7. Arrange noodles, vegetables, eggplant and tofu in a large bowl. Generously drizzle with dressing and enjoy.
ESPRESSO NICE CREAM
1 cup Califia Farms Espresso Cold Brew, frozen in an ice tray
1/4 cup Califia Farms Espresso Cold Brew, not frozen (this helps blending process)
2 bananas, frozen
1-2 medjool dates
2 tsp mesquite powder (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
2. Transfer to bowls and serve as is or with choice of toppings.
3. We recommend a vegan chocolate drizzle for added deliciousness!
CORN AND ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 zucchini, spiralised or grated
400 grams chickpeas
1 corn cob, steamed, kernels removed
1/4 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 cup mashed potato
1 tbsp buckwheat flour (+ extra for coating)
2 tsp dukkah (+ extra for coating)
Serving suggestion: chopped salad, dukkah, coriander and fresh lime.
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in heavy based pan
2. Braise shallots for approx. five minutes.
3. Add zucchini and braise a further 5 minutes.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, roughly mash drained chickpeas. Add shallots, zucchini and corn, mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk and mashed potato, mix well. Add to chickpea and veg mix, slowly adding buckwheat flour and dukkah.
6. Arrange into patties, and lightly toss in mix of flour and dukkah.
7. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pan. Add patties and cook approx. 4 minutes each side, until golden.
8. Serve with salad, fresh coriander and lime.
VEGAN LEMON TARTS
1 1/2 cups spelt or all-purpose gluten free flour 1 cup Califia Farms Vanilla Almond milk
1/2 cup desiccated coconut 1/4 tsp agar agar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup 2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut butter 2 tsp arrowroot flour (or tapioca)
2 tbsp coconut oil 1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence 2 tbsp lemon zest
1/4 cup cold water 1 cup coconut yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2. Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Then add maple syrup, coconut butter and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together.
4. Press into the base of 6 greased mini tartlet cases.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
6. Whilst cooling, prepare the lemon filling. Place almond milk, agar agar, maple syrup and arrowroot flour in a heavy based saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Allow to cool, stirring frequently, ensuring mixture does not set.
8. Place coconut yogurt, lemon juice / zest and almond milk mixture into high speed blender, blend for 30 seconds.
9. Pour into tart cases and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
10. Serve and enjoy.