Applications are open for the February and March 2022 storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant
If you’re a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW and you’ve been directly impacted by storms and floods in February and March 2022, you may be eligible for a storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant.
This disaster recovery grant of up to $50,000 is to help pay for the costs of clean-up and reinstatement of a small business or not-for-profit organisation’s operations.
Covered costs could include, but are not limited to:
- payment for tradespeople to conduct safety inspections
- equipment and materials required for cleaning up
- equipment and materials essential for immediately resuming operations
- payment for a cleaner if the service would not have been needed, or exceeds ordinary cleaning costs, in the absence of the disaster
- the removal and disposal of debris, damaged materials or damaged stock
- repairing premises and internal fittings
- leasing temporary premises, replacing or repair of motor vehicles, or replacing lost or damaged stock, if it’s essential for resuming operations.
Information and application is available through the Services NSW website.
If you’re a primary producer, you may be eligible for financial assistance tailored to your industry. Up to $75,000 is available through Special Disaster Grants – NSW Severe Weather and Flooding February 2022 Onwards.
Please visit the Rural Assistance Authority for information on the financial assistance available to primary producers.