- On average, 90.5% of North Coast residents aged 16 and over are fully vaccinated, with final figures expected to be above 95%.
- All LGAs are now over 80% double vaccinated.
- Vaccination is the best defence possible against the worst of COVID.
Healthy North Coast Chief Executive Julie Sturgess says North Coast residents have pulled together in an exceptional show of community spirit to ensure more than 90% of adults and older teens are protected against the worst of COVID.
‘North Coast residents understand that living in one of the most visited regions in NSW means they will be living with COVID in the future and they have chosen the best defence possible,’ said Ms Sturgess.
‘We are known for our resilience up here and we’ve had some tough times over the past few years. There’s no question that our community has rallied around again in a solid stand against this virus.
‘As we have seen recently, the risk of outbreaks is still very real and I urge anyone who has yet to be vaccinated to take that step, particularly for our younger residents aged 12 to 15 years.
‘We don’t have regional figures for this age group, but national data shows 74% of people aged 12-15 are vaccinated with their first dose and 62% are vaccinated with two doses. We would really like to see these numbers accelerate over the next week or two.
‘We also have to remember that there are some people in our community who want to be vaccinated, but cannot be due to medical reasons. If the rest of us who are eligible follow through, this keeps our more vulnerable residents safer too,’ Ms Sturgess said.
Anyone yet to be vaccinated can find a clinic or book through the Vaccine Clinic Finder.
How to protect yourself and others
- Get a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Always check in and out, wherever you can.
- Wear a face mask when required.
- Get tested if you have the mildest of symptoms – even if you have been double vaccinated.
- Self-isolate until you get a negative test result.
- Practise good hygiene. Wash your hands often and well.
- Gather outdoors or in large well-ventilated indoor spaces.
- Physically distance where you can.