Conservation and land management, property services and create and design spreadsheets are just some of the exciting new courses available at TAFE NSW Yamba Connected Learning Centre in 2020 announced TAFE NSW region general manger Susie George, last week.
Ms George said nine courses are being introduced this semester with a total offering of 13 courses to be available at TAFE NSW Yamba Connected Learning Centre in semester one 2020.
“This is a significant commitment to ensuring the evolving needs of the local community are being met.
“Local community and key stakeholders have identified areas of growth in the region which can be supported with skills training.
“TAFE NSW has worked closely with these businesses to identify these skills gaps in the community and come up with an extensive course offering plan.
“TAFE NSW is responding to the region’s changing economy and needs.”
Ms George said a highlight of the new courses was the introduction of a Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
“Because of an increase in business requiring skilled employees in the region, this course will be delivered in Yamba, by TAFE NSW, for the first time,” Ms George said.
“Add to this a Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate), Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management, a number of short courses and a range of online courses available through TAFE Digital, it is evident that TAFE NSW is reaffirming itself as the number one training provider for the region.”
Full list of new courses at TAFE NSW Yamba:
• Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
• Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management
• Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
• Statement of Attainment in Create and Design Spreadsheets
• Statement of Attainment in Basic Business Skills – Practical Computing
• Statement of Attainment in Basic Computing for Beginners
• Statement of Attainment to Prepare and Present Professionally
• Statement of Attainment to Research and Develop Complex Reports
• TAFE Statement in Basic Barista Skills