Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
• 1/3 cup (50ml) thick Greek-style yoghurt
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 200g Button Mushrooms, trimmed and halved
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
• 1/4 cup (10g) parsley leaves
• Plain flour, for dusting
• 4 (80g each) Ciabatta rolls, halved
• 4 canned, baby beets, sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
• 4 butter lettuce leaves
1. Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, 1 garlic clove and mint in a small bowl, set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat, add mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes, add remaining garlic, cumin and coriander and cook for a further 1 minute or until mushrooms are fragrant and golden. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Place chickpea, carrot, parsley and mushroom mixture in the bowl of a food processor and blend until just combined. Shape into 4 patties, dust in flour.
4. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes each side or until crisp and golden.
5. Place base of rolls on serving platter, spread evenly with yoghurt, top with lettuce, mushroom patty, cucumber and top of roll to serve.
Tip: Drizzle with chilli oil for an extra kick!
CREDIT: Australian Mushrooms – www.australianmushrooms.com.au