Prep: 10 mins
• 1/3 cup char siu sauce
• 2 teaspoons Chinese five spiced powder
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon peanut oil
• 500g pork fillet (tenderloin), thinly sliced
• 400g Button Mushrooms
• 1/2 cup (125ml) water
• 2 bunches (480g) gai lan (Chinese broccoli), trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the angle
• 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
• Rice noodles, to serve
1. Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Place char siu and five spice powder in a small jug and mix to combine. Spread 2 tablespoons of mixture onto pork. Add soy sauce to remaining mixture, stir to combine.
3. Heat oil in large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add pork, and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes, turning until browned all over. Add mushrooms, cook stirring for 2 minutes, until golden. Add remaining marinade and water to pan. and bring to a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove pork and set aside to rest.
4. Add gai lan to frying pan, cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Thickly slice pork and serve with mushrooms and gai larn and sprinkle with green onion and black sesame. Serve with rice noodles.