From the Newsroom

Image: Pixabay

Mother and child uninjured in house fire

Emma Pritchard|

 

A mother and her two-month-old baby were lucky to escape unharmed following a small house fire which occurred last week.

South Grafton Fire and Rescue 307 Station Captain Paul Danvers said several crew members attended a residence in Fitzgerald Street at 10am on July 28, following reports of a fire.

Captain Danvers said the fire was contained to the kitchen and was later revealed to be a stove fire.

“The fire was extinguished by the time crews arrived,” Captain Danvers said, adding the occupants of the house were lucky to avoid serious injuries.

No other properties were threatened by the blaze.

The mother and child were conveyed to Grafton Base Hospital by NSW Ambulance and treated for smoke inhalation.   

X