For more than the obvious reasons, this weeks report will be rather abbreviated with very little golf possible.
However there were 13 absolutely desperate golfers who challenged both the weather and the course last Tuesday and call if fun. Just for the record and the fact that their effort should be recognised, Michael Gane (11) was the best of the group with a score of 31 points.
A score he shared with Jason Casserly (9) who had to settle for the runner-up spot as some kind of consolation. Pro balls went down to 28, David Morgan (9) the only one on that score. In the nearest the pin department, Chris Wheelahan (12) cleaned up there, claiming trophies on offer on both the 1st and 6th holes.
Unfortunately the Volkswagen Scramble had to be postponed for the 2nd time last Sunday. This obviously was a great disappointment for the organisers of the qualifier with just in excess of 100 players nominating. The Scramble has now been rescheduled for Sunday April 11 and according to Club Captain, David Morgan, will proceed, rain hail or shine.
All existing nominations will stand, however if you cannot play, contact Mark Harvison in the Pro shop and Mark will arrange for the appropriate refund. For anyone who was not able to nominate for the two postponed dates you are able to nominate for the revised April date. Those nominations must close no later than 12pm on Saturday April 10.
As this report was being prepared, advice was received that the course will remain closed until further notice. Hopefully with the wet condition forecast to recede sometime mid-week, play maybe possible at the weekend. To determine the course status at any time during the week, just check the Club website for that information, or alternately contact the Pro shop.
Another casualty due to the wet conditions was last Saturday’s Irish 4 Ball. Due to the importance of this McMullan Contracting sponsored event, it will be rescheduled to a future date to be fixed. When that date has been decided fresh nominations will be required.