Diabetes NSW & ACT are very excited to announce the launch of Move with Women, a FREE group exercise program for women (18+) of all fitness levels and backgrounds.
The program involves a one-hour group exercise session every week for nine weeks, with an additional 30-minute health education session every fortnight. The program will be delivered in locations across NSW, ACT and QLD.
This fun, social and motivating program incorporates many of the factors that contribute to women’s health – exercise sessions, tips to eating healthy, techniques to relieve stress and anxiety, and an opportunity to connect with other women. The program is delivered in a safe, non-judgemental and comfortable setting, by qualified Exercise Physiologists who have experience working with groups of women in all different stages of life.
Participants that register for Move with Women receive:
- 1:1 consultation and goal setting with an Exercise Physiologist
- Nine one-hour group exercise classes suitable to their fitness level
- Move with Women Participant Booklet which includes fun activities and health information for women
- Resistance band to use during the program and on the exercise journey afterwards
- Final assessment, wrap up and plans for the future catch up with an Exercise Physiologist
- The opportunity to meet new people, create friendships and connect with other women
In November we have 30 Move With Women Programs running across NSW, QLD and ACT and we are so pleased to advise that one of these programs is taking place at Yamba.
The Exercise Join (Yamba Physiotherapy)
2/32 Coldstream St Yamba
Tuesday 15th February 2022 at 11am
This initiative is aimed at all women in the community – unlike many of our other programs, you do not need to be diagnosed with diabetes to join. Registering for the program is easy, you can visit movewithwomen.com.au/classes or call 1800 328 951.
More program locations are announced every 8 weeks so keep checking the website or join our mailing list at movewithwomen.com.au/contact-us/
Move with Women is brought to you by ‘Driving Social Inclusion through Physical Activity’ – An Australian Government Initiative and supported by Diabetes NSW & ACT.