There is a lot to celebrate about the Clarence Valley agrifood sector and this Saturday six local working farms and seven eateries who specialise in using locally grown ingredients will feature in this year’s Clarence Valley’s National AG Day celebrations.
Local ag and food group Clarence Valley Food Inc (CVFi) are coordinating the event.
Chairperson of CVFi, Debrah Novak said National Ag Day is an opportunity to remind our community about the extraordinary efforts and economic value our farming communities contribute to the Clarence Valley.
“The Clarence Valley is the major food bowl on the North Coast with over 60 commodities produced in our region with an GRP economic value of just under half a billion dollars.
One in four Clarence Valley businesses is a primary producer and a large employer of the local community. Industry pillars of seafood, beef, sugar, timber and dairy have been the mainstay of the local economy for more than 150 years and have withstood floods, droughts, pandemics, fires and technology changes” Ms Novak said.
On Saturday CVFi are featuring 13 events for the community to attend.
“All our AG DAY activities are self guided tours and require bookings due to on farm biosecurity and Covid -19 numbers. We are also holding a photography competition on the day. All you need to do is take a nice photo at any of the 13 participating venues, upload it to your facebook or instagram account, hashtag #clarencevalleyfood #nationalagday2020 #ourclarencevalley to be in the running for four $50 vouchers to spend at either the Yamba Farmers and Producers Market or Grafton Twilight Farmers Market” Ms Novak said.
Clarence Valley National AG DAY Farm and Food Trail Saturday November 21.
1. Turtle Creek Cattle – Southgate 8am – 10am (cattle inspection) M:0402 404 606
2. Clarence Valley Dairy – Southgate – 10 – 3pm (dairy, coffee and scones) M:0427 554 407
3. The Peach Farm – Mororo 9am – 3pm (farm animals and food) M:0447 589 177
4. Carrs Peninsula Olives – Junction Hill 10 – 3pm (olives, baby animals, coffee and award winning sponge cake) M: 0427 007 802
5. Cardiff Alpaca Farm – Chatsworth Island 10-3pm (Pat and feed Alpacas and Llamas, morning tea) M:0410 861 725
6. Farlows Sugar Cane Farm – Maclean 10 -12 pm ( cane paddock inspection and conversation) M: 0400 308 293
1. Clarence Gin Distillery – Clarence Gourmet Platter and gin tasting (12 – 1.30 pm) (ticketed x 20 event) M:0402 404 606
2. Santus Brewing Co – Local Seafood Mezze Platter and Fish Tacos (bookings recommended lunch and dinner) P:1300 15 15 18
3. Karrikin Yamba – Earth, Land, Sea Share Plates (bookings recommended – dinner only) M:04 77 786 500
4. Cafe Clarence Ulmarra Hotel – Dessert Bar (bookings recommended – lunch and dinner) 02 66445305
5. Nicholsons Fine Foods Talk & Taste – Yamba (bookings required) M:0429 468 887
6. I Scream Grafton – house made ice cream and sorbets (11am to 8pm) M:0410 305 690
7. Clarence Kitchen Collective South Grafton – farm fresh menu (7am -12.30pm) M:0438 187 168