- 4 large flat mushrooms (this recipes also works well with large Portobello mushrooms)
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp marinated creamy feta cheese
- X4 medium free range eggs
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley roughly chopped to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- To clean the mushrooms use paper towel and brush the outsides to remove any dirt. It is best not to wash them.
- Using a small pairing knife remove the storks.
- Fill the base of the mushrooms with the baby spinach leaves, if the leaves are large rip them up.
- Carefully crack each egg into each mushroom on top of the spinach.
- Add over the top a spoonful of marinated feta cheese as well as a drizzle of the feta marinating oil.
- Sprinkle over the top a pinch of salt and pepper and a few leaves of the fresh thyme.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until the mushroom has softened and the egg is still soft inside.
- Serve straight away from the oven with the roughly chopped parsley over the top.
Prep / cook time: 25 minutes
Serve: 2 mushrooms per person
for more great recipes visit australianmushrooms.com.au